There are various types of window coverings to dress your home and it can be pretty daunting to learn everything about which type is best suited for your windows. Our team at Niche Solutions have put together this guide, describing the advantages and disadvantages of both shutters and blinds so you can decide which is the best option for you.
The main difference between blinds and shutters is the way they are fitted to the window. While a blind curtain is attached above and inside the window recess, shutters are attached to the window frame itself for a more sturdy structure.
• They are long lasting
• No chains or cords are needed so they are very safe for your children
• Very low maintenance
• Suited to any home style
• Available in a range of materials including faux wood, wood and PVC
• Each section gives ventilation and excellent light control
• Shutters are more expensive than custom blinds
• They take up wider space than blinds, as they are fitted to the window frame rather than in the window recess
• Shutters are heavy so they can be unsuitable for every kind of window styles
Window blinds are perhaps the most popular window dressing. They offer versatile window solutions which are widely available and affordable. Good quality and bespoke blinds companies are more accessible than a shutter stockist, making blinds more practical and convenient alternatives for any home type. Some of the vast specifications of binds include electric blinds, Duette blinds, gable end blinds and many more.
• Have a huge variety of colours, styles and designs that will perfectly match the decor of any home
• Made from a good selection of materials that can be suited to any environment
• Can be adjusted to offer varying levels of shades and lights
• Options for insulation or blackout means you can improve the temperature conditions in your home
• Require more cleaning and maintenance than shutters
• The fabrics of some specific blinds can become damaged from UV rays or too much moisture
• Much shorter lifespan, so they will need replacing more frequently
Niche Solutions stock and supply a range of fantastic, custom blinds and shutters to suit any home. Every product is constructed from high-quality materials and installed by our expert fitters to an exceptional standard, ensuring a perfect end output. For more information, call us on 0207 1250568 or send us an email at email@example.com.